zram-swap is broken

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:28:24 EDT 2020

Hi, Petr,

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 at 11:08, Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> wrote:

> perhaps you should send such dependencies as patch series next time.

Will do, for sure. At the time I was still working on my git workflow
and didn't know how to reorder patches in my tree, sorry about that.

> Using /sbin/swapon seems fragile to me as it doesn't mean, that the discard
> option is included in that binary. So you probably need to determine the
> availability of that discard feature in swapon at runtime and decide whether
> you could use that option.

The BusyBox swapon has discard support enabled by default. Is it
expected that all scripts have to cope with all the silly things the
users can do in their build configurations? There has to be some kind
of baseline functionality… :/

Thanks,
Rui