Restoring (old) config backups and

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:47:33 EDT 2020

On 20/07/20 19:32, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> Any thoughts on this?  I am certainly to have overlooked a lot of
> stuff, especially if it is present only on master.  Also, handling of
> an uci-defaults "reset" (so that they'd run again) in
> non-initramfs/overlayfs based system is likely to pose some challenges
> depending on how it is implemented...

Adrian Shmultzer has been recently adding some infrastructure in the
sysupgrade to stop it if there are incompatible features that would
break core functionality, so that the user won't just sysupgrade with
the same config and land in an inaccessible device. Maybe his work
can/should be extended to alter the creating/restoring config backups
logic too, as it's really doing more or less the same thing already.

-Alberto