uboot-sunxi: SPI Flash support for Orange Pi R1. Need help with sysupgrade.bin image

Yaroslav Petrov info at lank.me
Thu Jul 9 12:05:55 EDT 2020

Dear Mr. Mehrtens,

I'd like install Openwrt on SPI Flash by Orange Pi R1 (without SD-Card).

1. uboot-sunxi with SPI Support. It was simple: (
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/pull/34 ... Yes, i know about u-boot
patch rules. I'll do it later)

2. SPI Flash partitions. It was also easy. (Example:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/f003d732d726758f11f0c308758637c434c37c1a/target/linux/sunxi/patches-4.19/400-arm64-allwinner-a64-sopine-Add-Sopine-flash-partitio.patch)

3. Prepare u-boot env rules (it should be also easy:
https://linux-sunxi.org/Bootable_SPI_flash )

My problem is build a sysuprade.bin image. Right now the sunxi target
use SD-Card images. And I have no idea how it should be implemented in
target/linux/sunxi/image/Makefile

Can you please provide me ? or maybe you know who can help me ?

We need Orange Pi R1 SPI image for our Freifunk-Dresden community:

https://gitlab.freifunk-dresden.de/firmware-developer/firmware/issues/56

Best regards
Yaroslav Petrov