fix for lantiq (danube) usb

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 5 07:53:15 EDT 2020

Hi Luca,

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 1:42 PM Luca Olivetti <luca at ventoso.org> wrote:

> El 5/7/20 a les 13:29, Martin Blumenstingl ha escrit:
> > Hi Luca,
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 1:07 PM Luca Olivetti <luca at ventoso.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> I put a printk in every step of reg_fixed_regulator_probe
> >> (drivers/regulator/fixed.c) and it seems it isn't called at all (my
> >> strings are indeed compiled in fixed.o).
> >>
> >> Why is that? Perhaps an error in the dts?
> > unfortunately you have only given an extract of your changes instead
> > of the full patch, which means I don't have much context and have to
> > guess
>
> No, now I was talking about the original dts.
ah, now I understand

> >> I checked and it seems the same as other devices in 19.07.3, the only
> >> difference is the section (most devices have it in the first section
> >> while here it is in the &gpio section) and the name after the colon
> >> (most use no name at all after the colon or the same as before, i.e.
> >> here it would be usb_vbus: usb_vbus ).
> >>
> >> This is the definition in the dts
> >>

> >>           usb_vbus: regulator-usb-vbus {
> >>                   compatible = "regulator-fixed";
> >>
> >>                   regulator-name = "USB_VBUS";
> >>
> >>                   regulator-min-microvolt = <5000000>;
> >>                   regulator-max-microvolt = <5000000>;
> >>
> >>                   gpio = <&gpio 14 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
> >>                   enable-active-high;
> >>           };
> > assuming that board uses GPIO 14 with polarity "active high" this part
> > seems correct to me
> >
> > have you tried moving it out of the &gpio node (and placing it similar
> > to what for example
> > target/linux/lantiq/files-5.4/arch/mips/boot/dts/lantiq/vr9_bt_homehub-v5a.dts
> > in master uses)?
>
> Yes, no change
no change means the regulator-fixed driver is still not probed?
it's working fine for me on my BT Home Hub 5A, so I'm surprised to
find that it's not working for you.
Here's what I'm seeing:
# find /proc/device-tree/ -name "regulator-usb-vbus"
/proc/device-tree/regulator-usb-vbus
# grep "regulator-usb-vbus" /sys/kernel/debug/gpio
gpio-495 (                    |regulator-usb-vbus  ) out hi

Best regards,
Martin