[OpenWrt-Devel] 19.07.0 boot hang on Mikrotik device

Joe Ayers joe at ayerscasa.com
Mon Jan 27 11:14:20 EST 2020

> > You should report this bug under "openwrt-19.07":
> > https://bugs.openwrt.org/
> >
> > You are apparently using ar71xx, did you try an ath79 19.07 image?
>
> the first mikrotik device in ath79 was merged to master last week, so ath79 is not an option here ATM.
>
> Best
>
> Adrian
>

> > Regards,
> > Baptiste

The devices with this issue aren't supported with Openwrt images yet
:) .   Thus, submitting a defect may be problematic.   I've added a
few definitions on top of the openwrt "Mikrotik LHG 5" to add support
(and hopefully I can find the time to submit an openwrt PR).  There
are 3 devices with exact same motherboard "LHG 2nD" and same behavior
going from 18.06.2 to 19.07.0:

LDF 2nD
LHG 2nD
LHG 2nD-XL

I have narrowed down the problem.  By removing "40_run_failsafe_hook",
procd completes as expected.   Something seems to be triggering
failsafe mode and blocking procd.   If anyone knows what might have
changed or where to fix the root cause, would appreciate any
information to save time.   I'll dig a little more...

Joe AE6XE