[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] commit message in YAML format for new devices

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Jan 13 05:57:05 EST 2020

Hi,

There are also cases where we use information about devices which is subject to change, e.g. unsupported features. If we rely on the commit message, those will stick to their original state/values, no matter whether support has been patched in later.

I'd much prefer to have a dedicated file, which then could be updated as needed. I never understood why the old discussion on this stopped.
ynezz' concept discussed below looks promising to me, I would support this approach if someone actually wanted to make the effort.

Best

Adrian