[OpenWrt-Devel] Kernel version for OpenWrt 20.X

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Jan 5 08:54:28 EST 2020

On 1/5/20 2:43 PM, mail at adrianschmutzler.de wrote:

>>> marked the two patchsets as "Deferred" in the patchwork, so we get a
>>> little more overview there. I hope that's okay for you.
>>>
>>> Yes fine with me, we should probably drop these targets soon.
>>>
>>> Hauke
>>
>> I think it's time to remove the three targets and kernel 4.9 support as well
>> after the release has been made. Or does keeping kernel 4.9 in master (even
>> without targets) make it easier to support 18.06 branch?

No, it does not help me to have kernel 4.9 is master for maintaining 18.06.

> I've prepared a staging branch for that (completely untested at the moment):
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/adrian.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/remove49

Thank you.

Before applying this please send this to the public mailing list.

> For orion, I have some grep matches in uboot-kirkwood and kernel/linux/modules/usb.mk I'm not sure about, so I haven't touched those yet.

The orion part in usb.mk is also used by mvebu:
https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_EHCI_HCD_ORION.html

uboot-kirkwood probably also uses some orion parts in the kirkwood target.

I think kmod-crypto-iv is empty now.

There are also some checks in include/netfilter.mk which can be removed now.

This file can also be removed:
package/kernel/linux/files/sysctl-tcp-bbr-k4_9.conf

Hauke