[OpenWrt-Devel] [WIP] vrx518 support for AVM Fritzbox 7530

Martin Schiller ms at dev.tdt.de
Mon Feb 17 05:53:04 EST 2020

I've done some work to get the vrx518 running on the AVM Fritzbox 7530:
https://github.com/3headeddevs/openwrt/commits/vrx518_support

The current status is as follows:
- The VRX518 TC driver is running in software datapath mode, which
required some codefixes for the driver to compile at all.
- The line is synchronized in both ATM and PTM mode
- Outgoing data packets via PTM go out (I can see them behind the
DSLAM), but no packets are received.
- ATM is not really tested so far and maybe needs some further hacks.

Therefore, I took some driver/software from the Intel UGW-8.3.2.30 which
partially were published on prpl gitlab.

Alternatively I extracted the binary firmwares (ACA, PPE, DSL) from the
original AVM firmware images. But the result was the same. (except that
it contains the ADSL ANNEX-B firmware which is currently not available
on prpl gitlab)

So the implementation is not really functional yet, but I would like to
share this progress here now, so that other interested people can help
to get the whole thing running.

Regards,
Martin