[OpenWrt-Devel] mptcp in openwrt

jens lede at viisauksena.de
Mon Feb 10 07:06:39 EST 2020

correct,

we use openwrt very conveniently in our gateway machine. And there we
have multiple uplinks to the Internet. We can use MultiWan3 - but for
some other cases we would prefer to aggregate Capacity - and therefore
want to use Multipath TCP. (We have some Internet Servers which we want
to use as our gateways, because there we have static v4 subnets. )

This is similar to what mobile-providers use for seamingless mobile
Network/ wifi transitions. I was in the believe that many "routers" have
some kind of DSL and some have extra LTE Uplink. Would be awesome to use
it both. And this not only as a fallback strategy.
I would agree that most usecases dont have an "endpoint" to reach
(multipath).

tldr: actually we have fibre connection, a vDSL connection, an
Wifi-LongRange connection we want to combine. (in total something around
1600 Mbit down and 800 up )

fuzzle*