[OpenWrt-Devel] tiny subtarget on ramips

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Thu Feb 6 05:43:25 EST 2020

Hi,

we currently have a PR [1] where somebody wants to set SMALL_FLASH for mt7620 in
ramips target due to kernel size restriction for that particular device.

I'm actually not too fond of doing that to all the other devices because of one
single device needing it.

However, I wonder whether we couldn't introduce a mt762x-tiny subtarget to
ramips, where we would collect the 4/32 devices from both mt7620 and mt76x8.
Those two seem to be not too different with respect to their config, but then we
could set small_flash there and maybe take other size-relevant measures without
affecting the rest.

Thoughts?

Best

Adrian