[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt developer meeting at Battlemesh

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Feb 2 11:19:06 EST 2020

Hi,

We would like to organize a public, free of charge OpenWrt developer
meeting at the Battlemesh this year. The Wireless Battle of the Mesh
(Battlemesh) is an event that aims at bringing together people from
across the world to test the performance of different routing protocols
for ad-hoc networks, like Babel, B.A.T.M.A.N., BMX6, OLSR, 802.11s and
Static Routing. It normally takes place once a year each time in a
different location in Europe and goes from Monday till Sunday.
https://www.battlemesh.org/
Schedule with Links to videos from last year:
https://www.battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV12#Talk_Schedule_and_Workshops

We plan to have an OpenWrt developer meeting for 2 days at the
Battlemesh and everyone who is interested is invited to participate. The
talks will be integrated into the normal Battlemesh schedule, this will
not be a separate event, but it will be fully integrated in Battlemesh.
We will also try to connect both communities closer. There will be one
track with both the Battlemesh and the OpenWrt related talks.

The OpenWrt part should focus on technical topics and we should have
time and space for just hacking on devices or talking.

The Battlemesh community selected Calafou which is located near
Barcelona as the most likely location and is now planning the dates of
the event.
Battlemesh v13 location announcement:
https://ml.ninux.org/pipermail/battlemesh/2020-February/011933.html
Details about Calafou:
http://web.archive.org/web/20191006130201/https://wiki.calafou.org/index.php/INFO_B%C3%81SICA

We need your help in finding the best date for Battlemesh to happen.
Please vote on your preferred date by the end of Feb 7th on
https://framadate.org/7iCyhWLatTtF5jwg
(The OpenWrt developer meeting will be for 2 days inside this week,
which days exactly is not decided yet, but I think Thursday and Friday
would work best)

If we do not have a different meeting to talk about the OpenWrt project
organization, like we did in Hamburg last year, I would suggest to have
an additional day for an OpenWrt project organization meeting which is
then invite only to talk about the release schedules, and so on.

Have fun!

The OpenWrt Community