IEEE802.11w enabled by default

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh henrique at nic.br
Tue Dec 22 08:30:25 EST 2020

On 21/12/2020 17:13, Tom Psyborg wrote:
> In case your client doesn't support mfp, you should configure the
> setting on router to optional instead of required so non-mfp client
> can fallback to basic connection type.

I took my time to answer to test it again just in case, but as soon as I
set it to "optional" from "disabled", the slowdown happens.  For the
record, the client goes from 200Mbit/s effective transfer rate (not
signal rate) to about 65Mbit/s effective transfer rate.

So, at least here, setting ieee 802.11w to "optional" does not avoid the
performance loss.