Compilation error for host zilb from cmake

Rosen Penev rosenp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:22:04 EST 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 3:09 PM <ansuelsmth at gmail.com> wrote:

> > tools/zlib/compile
> > > > >

> > > IMHO that's a problem that the build fails if someone selects ccache
> > > before compiling
> > > the host tools. I can confirm that disabling ccache works but can't
> > > this be fixed?
> > Be my guest.
> > >

> Feel free to send any patch or tell me what to test if you want.
That comment was meant to convey that I have no idea.

Here are some commits in the packages feed that relate to ccache and cmake:

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/7a01a09fe70dec20ea439ed3639e327a03e54d68

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/utils/sumo/patches/010-ccache.patch

The easiest way to fix would probably be to override
CMAKE_HOST_C_COMPILER with $(HOSTCC_NOCACHE)