USB support for at91/sam9x

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Wed Aug 26 19:17:27 EDT 2020

Hi,

I just realized that build-bots fail for at91/sam9x:

ERROR: module /builder/shared-workdir/build/build_dir/target-arm_arm926ej-s_musl_eabi/linux-at91_sam9x/linux-5.4.60/drivers/bluetooth/btusb.ko is missing.

I didn't spot this during testing, as I didn't build with all kmods enabled.

The problem appears to be caused because we removed CONFIG_USB, which was in the target's config-4.14, but have not added it to sam9x's config-default after the bump.

However, KernelPackage/Bluetooth depends on USB_SUPPORT, and that one is =y because he have the following in target Makefile:

FEATURES:=ext4 squashfs targz usb usbgadget ubifs
DEFAULT_PACKAGES += kmod-usb-ohci kmod-at91-udc kmod-usb-gadget-eth

So, we have two options:

1. Move the usb features to the sama5 subtarget, which will only build Bluetooth kernel package for this subtarget (and not for sam9x).
2. Enable CONFIG_USB=y for sam9x subtarget config and have usb features built for that subtarget as well.

Since I don't know that architecture, please point me to which choice makes sense.

Best

Adrian