Disabling br-lan

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 05:11:01 EDT 2020

On 15/08/20 08:00, Shalla Thakur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that with default configuration, openwrt always creates a bridge
> br-lan. I am running openwrt on virtualbox and am assigning only one
> interface to it. I don't want the bridge to be created by default. The
> interface should take IP configuration via dhcp.
>
> Currently, after boot up, I do "uci set network.lan.type=''; uci set
> network.lan.proto='dhcp'". But I have to do it everytime I attach a vdi
> to the virtual machine.
>
> Can I disable brige and all the zones completely during build time?

you can do the same as I told you for the inittab

The network configuration file (that is edited by uci with those
commands, or by luci web interface and you can also edit manually with
Vi or nano editors) is
/etc/config/network in the OpenWrt system

so just set a VM the way you like, copy this file contents and place a
/files/etc/config/network in the base directory of the build system.
This will override the default settings with your own.

You can do the same for any other configuration you are changing with
uci or Luci as it is just editing a file in /etc/config in the OpenWrt
system.

I'm not sure about what you mean by "zones" but if you mean firewall
zones it's in /etc/config/firewall

-Alberto