MT7621 Flow Control

Stijn Segers foss at volatilesystems.org
Fri Aug 14 05:25:49 EDT 2020

Hi,

Op donderdag 13 augustus 2020 om 1u46 schreef Andre Valentin
<avalentin at marcant.net>:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that I had another problem when upgrading from 4.14 to 5.4.

5.4 uses DSA on MT7621.

> In 4.14 network config I had no switch definition and it worked out
> of the box.
> But with 5.4 I need a switch config in network config like that:
> config interface 'lan'
> 	option type 'bridge'
> 	option ifname 'eth0.1'

DSA would be:

    option ifname 'lan1 lan2 lan3 lan4'

It does not use any 'ethX' definitions anymore. Looks like you did a
messy upgrade and kept configs. With all the DSA related breakages on
MT7621 (and the few other migrated platforms) popping up here and
there, I'd wager by now most people keeping an eye on master would know
*not* to keep settings when migrating.

With newer builds Adrian also implemented an explicit warning about DSA
and config incompatibility. So did you ignore those as well?

Stijn