[OpenWrt-Devel] Upgrading LEDE to 19.07

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:12:17 EDT 2020

On 25/04/20 19:46, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I'm not sure, I'm asking to right list, but I didn't found any other
> list about OpenWRT I can ask...
>
> So, I have a "TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1" running OpenWRT 17.01.4.
> I'd like to update it to 19.07, but I read on
> https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1043nd_v1 that my
> WLAN-Switch is "discontinued"...

The only "discontinued" is the "Availability", and that just means if
you can still find or buy this device new from somewhere.
It does not mean anything about OpenWrt support of the device.
The device is still supported.

> If I undestand correct, I can upgrade to 19.07, but it will be the last
> version I can get, is it right?

The main issue is the warning about 32MB of RAM you see on the top of
that page.

If your device is HW Version 1 (white case, black antennas) then it
might not have enough RAM to run OpenWrt.
You can try upgrading or asking in the forums if someone has already
done that.

It seems Rosen has one so he will probably be able to tell you more
about the RAM situation on this device.

-Alberto