[OpenWrt-Devel] changes in UCI-reply after lede-17.01

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Sun Apr 12 06:28:35 EDT 2020

Hi,

I took out an shell-script that I used on lede-17.01 to work with uci network
configuration.
The script is iterating over all interfaces an checks for the physical devices
attached to it. With lede-17.01 I was able to query the "ifname"-option to get
the interfacename and "devices"-option returned the physical-devices of the
interface. For regular interfaces "ifname" and "device" are the same, for e.g.
bridges "ifname" returned the bridge-name and "devices" the connected
interfaces.

Log for lede-17.01.7 on a fresh installed board:
> root at LEDE:~# sh /tmp/uci-test.sh
> checking interface loopback
>  ifnames:lo
>  devices:lo
> checking interface lan
>  ifnames:br-lan
>  devices:eth0
> checking interface wan
>  ifnames:eth1
>  devices:eth1
> checking interface wan6
>  ifnames:eth1
>  devices:eth1

Since openwrt-18.06+ the "devices"-option always reutrns nothing.

Log for openwrt-18.06.8 on a fresh installed board:
> root at OpenWrt:~# sh /tmp/uci-test.sh
> checking interface loopback
>  ifnames:lo
>  devices:
> checking interface lan
>  ifnames:br-lan
>  devices:
> checking interface wan
>  ifnames:eth1
>  devices:
> checking interface wan6
>  ifnames:eth1
>  devices:

I wonder how to lookup the interfaces connected to a bridge?
It the absence of the "devices"-option by intention?

Sven