[OpenWrt-Devel] [ramips] Linkit Smart 7688

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sun Sep 15 16:46:15 EDT 2019

Hi Ivan,

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 09:28:35PM +0200, Ivan Hörler wrote:
> Hi
> Now after nowing how to make a PR, im interested to know how you think about some thaughts of me.
>
> Linkit Smart 7688 has a blast of tools they offer in the original firmware bild. Compared the one openWRT offers is verry slim.
> Is that ment to be so or did nobody care until me?
>
> Some of the Tools:
> 1. Automatic activation as Accesspoint, because the board is ment for IOT and has no Ethernet port. Right now with the official OpenWRT build can not be connected to any network without addtional Serial converter.

This has been a lengthy debate and if at all, then activating wifi
by default should only be done on devices without any ethernet.
LinkIt Smart is a devboard and Ethernet may well be attached, but
there are examples of consumer systems without any Ethernet port
which are useless unless wifi is enabled by default.
Most recent debate is here
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2408

> 2. Luci WebGUI

LuCI is shipped with OpenWrt releases by default, but not in the
development snapshots.

> 3. Language: Python with PIP
>
> 4. Language: Node with NPM
>
> 5. mraa from Intel
>
> 6. some upm modules from Intel
>
> What of this list wold be possible to integrate in to a official openWRT release without scratching rules?

All those other things are installable using 'opkg' on the running
system. Or you may use the ImageBuilder to build images with software
of your choice preinstalled.

Cheers

Daniel