[OpenWrt-Devel] v5.4 as next kernel

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Oct 30 11:54:05 EDT 2019

On 10/29/19 6:37 AM, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi,
> should we use v5.4 as our next kernel ?
>     John

I also agree to have kernel 5.4 as the next kernel, it will be finally
released in about 1 months and it is a long term kernel. If we are lucky
it will be supported for 6 years for Android.

What do we want to use in the next 20.X release after 19.07?
If we want to go with kernel 5.4 with the release after 19.07 we can not
make this release before April, I would assume. We would have generic
support in OpenWrt master in about 1 month and then we will port the
targets, probably we will have the most important targets ported about
2 months later (Mid January 2020) and can stabilize and port the rest of
afterwards.

hauke