[OpenWrt-Devel] Any interest in a 'ct' iperf3?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Oct 28 17:42:32 EDT 2019

We added iperf3 support to our network testing tool, so we could more easily
use generic third-party systems as remote traffic endpoints.  While doing this,
I ended up getting iperf3 to compile for and run stable on windows, found and fixed a bunch of
issues, and of course possibly added some new bugs.

Is there any interest in adding an iperf3-ct option to openwrt?  If so,
I'll cook up a patch.

Here is my change notes for what I did:

iperf 3.7-CT:  Changes from upstream iperf3

   * Support SO_BINDTODEVICE.

   * Make sockets non-blocking to fix various ways the client and server can hang.

   * Server will recover from client doing bad things or dying unexpectedly.

   * Fix socket leaks

   * Report summary stats in all cases on both client and server.

   * Allow compiling for win32 using mingw cross-compiler.

   * Add lots of optionally-enabled debugging to help understand what is going on when
     adding new features or debugging problems.

Source code can be found here:

https://github.com/greearb/iperf

Thanks,
Ben