[OpenWrt-Devel] patches from 2018

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Mon Oct 28 07:57:43 EDT 2019

John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> [2019-10-27 14:34:04]:

Hi,

> I'd like to close all patches pending from 2018 in patchwork, there are ~25
> and a quick try on some showed none of the apply anymore.

thank you for cleaning up the backlog, really appreciate the effort.

You're just mentioning Patchwork(PW), but I think, that the same applies to
the GitHub PRs (GH) and bugs/issues (FS) as well.

Perhaps we could take this thread as an opportunity and come up with some
general rule, which would clearly define somewhere at the appropriate place on
the wiki, that for example any open topic on PW/GH/FS platform would autoclose
after some predefined period of time (it can always be reopened if requested).

Say 6-12 months since the last activity in that particular topic?

Tom Psyborg <pozega.tomislav at gmail.com> [2019-10-27 15:53:00]:

> Better approach would be to review them

Nobody prevents you or anyone else to do a review and add `Reviewed-by` and/or
`Tested-by` tag, which would help with merging as it at least clearly shows,
that there's interest for this feature/fix/whatever.

-- ynezz