[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 release schedule ?

Stijn Segers foss at volatilesystems.org
Wed Oct 23 04:32:08 EDT 2019

Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> schreef op 22 oktober 2019 15:59:04 CEST:
>On 10/11/19 12:59 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> Hi Bjørn,
>>
>>> Or: Start discussing the release blockers here and now.  Thanks.
>>
>> 1) Blocker: LuCI master needs to be backported to 19.07
>>    Time estimate: 2-3 weeks
>>
>> 2) Blocker: All relevant sub-components for WPA-3 + GUI support, such
>as
>>    hostapd, iwinfo etc. need to be backported to 19.07
>>    Time estimate: 2 weeks
>
>ynezz has a branch here and I am fine with also backporting hostapd
>from
>master to 19.07, the security fixes are already in.
>https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/ynezz.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/upstream/19.07/hostapd-backports

Thanks for pointing to it, test-driving it as we speak. Only commit 02fd26b77a0c59e2f44380aaee8c90c66b0f4f59 needed a minor adjustment in order to apply to present 19.07 HEAD, all other patches applied as-is.

I assume one does not need a 'matching' LuCI for this to work, right? Unless one starts changing wireless settings through LuCI?

Stijn