[OpenWrt-Devel] Joining the SFC

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Oct 16 06:28:31 EDT 2019

Hi,

the OpenWrt project has, after months of deliberation, decided to leave
the SPI and intents to join the Software Freedom Conservancy as future
fiscal sponsor.

Prior to contacting the SFC and SPI we had a discussion among the
contributors which started during the Hamburg meeting.

We have come to the conclusion that the SFC, being a comprehensive
sponsor, is a better fit for the needs and peculiarities of our project
and that it will enable us to better focus on project and community
development in the future.

We are very grateful for the support from the SPI over the years and
want to thank them for all the services provided to us.

 From our previous calls regarding the issue, we learned that both the
SPI and the SFC are supportive of this decision and we greatly
appreciate their ongoing assistance in handling the transition.

The outcome of the vote was as follows

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant ACK
Petr Štetiar ACK
Hans Dedecker ACK
Ted Hess ACK
Yousong Zhou ACK
Hauke Mehrtens ACK
Piotr Dymacz ACK
Felix Fietkau ACK
Matthias Schiffer ACK
Daniel Golle ACK
Mathias Kresin ACK
Chuanhong Guo ACK
David Bauer ACK
Christian Lamparter ACK
Rafał Miłecki ACK
Koen Vandeputte ACK
Álvaro Fernández Rojas ACK
Jo-Philipp Wich ACK
John Crispin ACK
Alexander Couzens abstain
Florian Fainelli abstain
Imre Kaloz abstain
Jonas Gorski abstain
Luka Perkov abstain
Mirko Vogt abstain
Steven Barth abstain
Stijn Tintel abstain
Zoltan HERPAI abstain

We hope that this decision will help to advance the OpenWrt project in
the future.

         OpenWrt