[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 status

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Nov 25 17:34:55 EST 2019

Hi,

There are now quite some changes in the OpenWrt 19.07 branch compared to
the 19.07-rc1.

The builds are looking ok:
http://buildbot.openwrt.org/openwrt-19.07/images/grid

I looked through the responses to 19.07-rc1 in the forum and the bug
tracker and it looks mostly good.
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/openwrt-19-07-0-first-release-candidate/48040
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?reported%5B%5D=10

I saw the following reports:

MT7621/MT7620: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (mtk_soc_eth):
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2628
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2617
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2605

It looks like there is a throughput problem with ath10k-ct on QCA9984,
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2593
there are multiple reports in the Forum.

For me QCA9880 on a BTHH5A with ath10k-ct on 5GHz works in openwrt 19.07
The AP can do 180 MBit/s TX and only 40 Mbit/s RX over about 8m with a
wall in between with sae-mixed to a Intel iwl8265.
It is also very close to 40MBit/s not much changing the lowest I saw in
about 30 outputs from iperf3 was 38.8 MBit/s and them highest 41.2 MBit/s

Are there any more known regressions and serious bugs?

Images for the following devices are probably too big:
* WR902AC
* EnGenius ESR-9752  ( EnGenius ESR-9753 )
Jow has some pending patches to deactivate support for some of them:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/?series=143332
This looks good to me.

We should mention how to install wpad-openssl or wpad-wolfssl to get
WPA3 support in the release notes.

Hauke