[OpenWrt-Devel] ath79 QCA9563 channel 52+ device not supported

David Bauer mail at david-bauer.net
Wed Nov 6 17:41:17 EST 2019

Hello Adrian,

On 11/6/19 11:16 PM, mail at adrianschmutzler.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the to-be-supported TP-Link Archer C6/A6 v2 US (QCA9563) there are reports that 5 GHz channels from 52 to 144 lead to "Device is not active" messages and 5 GHz WiFi disabled:
>
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2470#issuecomment-550444362
>
> Since 52 is the first DFS channel, I wonder whether this can be a DFS related problem. I have no experience with DFS at all, so I would be happy about any hints.
This has most likely nothing to do with the QCA9563, as it only handles 2.4 GHz
on the wireless side of things.

Have you set a valid regulatory domain / country for the 5GHz radio? Otherwise,
you won't be able to activate DFS channels, as the driver will need this
information to determine whether to use FCC or ETSI radar patterns.

Best wishes
David