[OpenWrt-Devel] Netgear DM200 Boot Issue/Patch Availability?

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:51:34 EDT 2019

Last attempt I saw was here https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1770

but it was rejected.

I have some experience with the bootloader used in this device, I can

provide more complete instructions to do the uboot fix though.

TTL/serial access seems to be easy (there is a header as you see in the
photo),

and you need an inexpensive "arduino USB-TTL dongle" to connect to this
device.

Connect the pins as defined in the wiki, open up your serial

communication program (Putty usually)

and set it for 115200 serial speed, others default.

Then boot the device, press a key to stop boot when you see

"Hit any key to stop autoboot: 2  1  0"

It should stop and accept console commands.

then copy-paste this line

setenv sleep 1;nmrp;sf probe 0:3;sf read $loadaddr 0x30000
0x400000;bootm $loadaddr

This will alter the bootloader configuration that is causing the issue.
Now it will boot kernels up to 4MB big

Will still be able to boot stock firmware, we are just increasing a size
limit.

and then save the change by writing

saveenv

and then you can reboot the device by pulling the plug or writing

reset

Now you can install OpenWrt as normal.

-Alberto