[OpenWrt-Devel] ASUS-MAP-AC2200 Low 5G RSSI issue

Sam Samy to.swami1 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 23:02:03 EDT 2019

Hi Guys,

  I looked into the boarddata/cal/otp files and all look good for all
the radios and match the stock firmware. Only issue I saw was ASUS
variant name is not present in the board-2.bin for PCIe QCA9888. This,
I worked around by removing the variant name in device tree so that it
will pick the standard one which seem to have the correct board data
for QCA9888 anyway.

Even Marius build that he posted online when he brought this board up
seem to have the same RSSI issue. Its generally 20dB down from stock
firmware which will the reduce the coverage range significantly by
20-25 feet.

I am attaching the debug logs with ATH10K_DBG_BOOT logs which prints
the files loaded and other boot information for your perusal.

At this point I am not sure if the firmware is even reading the
board/cal/otp data that is downloaded. Since I don't have access to
firmware I don't know how to debug this further.

Thanks