[OpenWrt-Devel] Build system puzzles: PCI_SUPPORT not being set for subtarget

Jeff Kletsky lede at allycomm.com
Thu May 9 05:23:18 EDT 2019

On 5/9/19 10:49 AM, Robert Marko wrote:

>> I don't see any differences between the generic and nand subtargets'
>> `config-default`, `target.mk`, or `image/*.mk` that seem related to
>> PCI_SUPPORT.
> Well, generic target has PCI symbols enabled in config-default
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/target/linux/ath79/generic/config-default#L14
>
> So you gotta enable those in nand too.

I had already tried that, as well as my understanding about the "inheritance"
of the various layers of config-4.xx and config-default that I also queried about.

I reconfirmed that

   openwrt/target/linux/ath79$ cp generic/config-default nand/config-default
   openwrt$ cat /dev/null > .config
   openwrt$ make menuconfig

has the same behavior -- the nand target does not set PCI_SUPPORT

Jeff