[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.03 plans

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sat Mar 23 07:32:26 EDT 2019

On 3/21/19 11:56 AM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Is there any kind of "official" roadmap/checklist available what "needs"
>> to be done?
>
> not that I am aware of, but from the top of my head:
>
> - make sure all targets are ported properly to 4.14

The following targets are still on 4.9:
* ar7
* at91
	I saw some patches for at91 on the mailing list and Sandeep from
	Microchip promised to send some new patches.
* ixp4xx
* orion

The following targets are still on 3.18:
* adm5120
* adm8668
* au1000
* mcs814x
* omap24xx (4.1)
* ppc40x
* ppc44x
* xburst

I would not consider any of these targets important and release blocking.

Are there any big regressions known for any target which is ported to 4.14?

> - disable all devices which cannot cannot handle the increased kernel
>   size anymore

It would be nice to have a build with LuCi enabled, I saw that sometimes
the rootfs partition is getting too big.

> - drop all targets which are not ported to 4.14

I will send a patch removing support for kernel 3.18 and all the targets
which uses it soon, if you need one of them please port them, to kernel
4.14.