[OpenWrt-Devel] About 802.11s mesh on IPQ4019, ath10k-ct and ct-firmware

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Sun Mar 10 13:25:40 EDT 2019

On Sunday, 10 March 2019 18:03:51 CET Ben Greear wrote:
[...]
> > [2] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1862/commits/c1e80f1b6e673912437422e4900facb409e41143#diff-132b371dc289dab58843cae7f9c430f5
>
> So, both of the patches above need to be applied to ath10k-ct 4.19 driver?
>
> > [3] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1051204/
>
> I can apply this one to the 4.19 ath10k-ct driver too, I just am not using 4.19 internally,
> so...well, no local testing.

Both were examples were the behavior of ath10k and ath10k-ct in OpenWrt were
out of sync for a while. Both should now behave the same because Hauke/
Christian added them. But similar problems might happen in the future. Both
will hopefully find their way in the official ath10k driver (patchwork one
is - I've tried to poke Kalle regarding the first one from PR 1862).

Regarding the second patch in PR 1862:

You should at least think about how to handle your private rate modification
code. It conflicts with the official way to set the mgmt/mcast/bcast rates.
The second patch in the PR 1862 is just a workaround for this default
(mis)behavior of ath10k-ct. Maybe you have a different behavior in mind but
at least by default, it should not set an arbitrary mcast_rate for
meshpoint/ibss interfaces when the user specified something else via
OpenWrt's mcast_rate in /etc/config/wireless.

Kind regards,
	Sven