[OpenWrt-Devel] Problem reading flash zones in ath79

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 09:40:24 EDT 2019

Hello guys!

I experienced an issue where I wasn't able to read all of a flash region on an ATH79 device, the Archer C60 V2.
Taking a look, it seems the MTD layer will return only 512-bytes when reading an mtd device via the mtdblock layer.
So, in the case of my Archer C60 V2:
- the first partition, "factory-boot" won't be completely readable (256 bytes will be missing)
- sameholds for "mac" partition
- same holds for the "u-boot" partition

This will prevent users from making proper backups of their devices.
Should this be fixed on the mtd layer or on thedevicetrees we're using?
Of course I don't think this is ath79 specific...

Thanks,

Enrico