[OpenWrt-Devel] Compilation error switch to pyhon 3

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sat Jul 27 18:53:08 EDT 2019

Ansuel Smith <ansuelsmth at gmail.com> [2019-07-27 19:46:35]:

Hi,

> I can't currently compile my image and i have this error
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ansuel/openwrt/tools/libtool'
> time: tools/libtool/compile#0.05#0.00#0.10
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/ansuel/openwrt/build_dir/host/scons-3.0.5/setup.py",
> line 26, in <module>
>     import distutils.command.build_scripts
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.command'

yep, I've seen that already[1], out of curiosity, what distro is that? I
think, that scons has no place in the master tree as no package in the master
tree depends on it, so I've started move process into packages feed[2].

1. https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/316c8b5503e54cdb3ee5bd3b5d81a3b7dd139294#commitcomment-34460875
2. https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/9584

-- ynezz