[OpenWrt-Devel] 18.06.2 branching/builds

Stijn Segers foss at volatilesystems.org
Wed Jan 30 17:46:32 EST 2019

Op woensdag 30 januari 2019 om 18:17 schreef Felix Fietkau
<nbd at nbd.name>:
> On 2019-01-30 16:58, Stijn Segers wrote:
>>  Hi Jo, Felix,
>>
>>  Far be it from me to pretend this issue might have a larger impact
>> than
>>  I myself can assess, but Felix has been bumping mt76 on the 18.06
>>  branch, and those bumps have broken my 18.06.1+ mt7621 wireless [1]
>>  (and, judging from Flyspray, at least one other person's as well).
>>
>>  I have no idea how many people are running both mt7621 and 18.06
>> HEAD
>>  (like me and the other guy), so this might be an isolated issue,
>> but I
>>  do know wireless craps out on me within a few minutes and the AP
>> needs
>>  to be brought up again; it's not just a matter of worse performance
>> but
>>  outright disconnection.
>>
>>  So I'd like to ask if 18.06.2 could be released with a fix/with
>> those
>>  mt76 rolled back.
> Hey Stijn,
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention again.
> Could you please test the two attached patches individually with the
> latest 18.06 branch to see if either of them resolves your issue?
>
> I've been doing a lot of tests lately with both MT7603 and MT7612E on
> MT7621, and I have been unable to reproduce your issues so far.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Felix

Thanks Felix, will give both a shot and report back.

Jo: I kind of hoped to catch Felix on IRC but that didn't happen, in
hindsight I should have pinged you as well about this, but there's
probably other bugs pending people would consider showstoppers for a
point release... Would probably only have delayed it.

Vielen Dank!

Stijn