[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] lantiq: SMP interrupts and ethernet driver backport from vanilla v5

Petr Cvek petrcvekcz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:38:27 EST 2019

Hello,

I discovered the lantiq xrx200 lacks support for interrupts on secondary
VPE, and I've managed to add this functionality to the kernel, the
second icu controller lives on base address 0x1f880300 and works in the
same way as first. Tested with 4.14.93 kernel, untested patches in the
attachment or on openwrt forum:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/xrx200-irq-balancing-between-vpes/29732/11

My second submission is a backported xrx200 ethernet driver from vanilla
kernel v5 patched with switch and phy functions. Using kernel napi
polling seems to highly increase the throughput of the network.

Trying to initially increase the throughput of the network I've found
there is an inefficiently setting of DMA burst size. My patch sets this
value to a higher value.

These two patches were tested with 4.14.93 kernel too, there is forum
thread:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/how-can-we-make-the-lantiq-xrx200-devices-faster/9724/30

RFC for any parallel development info (next version of ethernet driver
will be based on vanilla kernel version?), ideas, testing ...

best regards,
Petr Cvek