[OpenWrt-Devel] ath79 (qca95xx): Status of SPI-Attached NAND Drivers?

Chuanhong Guo gch981213 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:50:34 EST 2019

Hi!

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 5:09 AM Jeff Kletsky <lede at allycomm.com> wrote:

> Context
> =======
>
> Working on bringing up the GL.iNet AR750S as a NAND variant
> on the ath79 target. While I can build an image, it fails to attach
> a driver to the SPI-attached NAND. There is a GL.iNet AR300M NAND
> variant, but I am unable to confirm if this device will fully boot
> from the images generated (as my AR300M is NOR only).
>

> Questions
> =========
>
> * What is the level of support for QCA9531 and QCA9563 SoCs for NAND?
Completely nothing :)
The upstream SPI NAND framework is available in 4.19. I do have a
backport of it to 4.14 but that changed so many things that it doesn't
worth submitting.
As for raw nand driver for AR9344/QCA9558, the ar934x-nfc driver isn't
ported to ath79 yet.

> * Is the AR300M NAND target bootable?
No due to lack of a SPI NAND driver.

>    * If not, should it be removed from the list of valid targets
>      until NAND support is available and confirmed bootable?
I agree. I think this subtarget should be disabled.