[OpenWrt-Devel] Preserving configs over sysupgrade on ath79/tiny broken for some boards (on 19.07 and master), possible solutions

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:15:59 EST 2019

Hello gents,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 02:41:12PM +0100, Piotr Dymacz wrote:
> > On 12/30/19 12:42 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > given that (binary release) support for 4MB devices will end with 19.07,
> > > I'd vote for reverting the 4K sector change in ath79 and stick with 64K
> > > ones as common denominator across the entire target. That will be the
> > > least invasive and most robust fix.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > IMHO this change is way to crucial to have it introduced this short before
> > the release is built. People who built images for their devices can introduce
> > 4K sectors to their own images. This way, we do't risk breaking boards.
>
> +1

Are any of you using the affected TP-Link boards or ath79/tiny or
4 MiB devices in general? What features do you actually pack in them?
Do you plan to continue doing so past 19.XX release?

If no users speak up probably it's better to remove all the support
code altogether to avoid wasting maintainers' time on it?

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com