[OpenWrt-Devel] Problem with blockd starting after partitions mounting

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 09:35:45 EST 2019

A year ago I introduced hotplug.d script meant to manage Samba shares
in a clever way by:
1) Using "mount" hotplug.d event
2) Getting mount info from blockd

Relevant commit ef1efa756e0d ("samba36: add package with hotplug.d
script for auto sharing"):
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef1efa756e0d0caef41216719dcc72c71b31d8ff

Today I realized it doesn't work for partitions mounted at boot time
as blockd isn't running then and "ubus call block info" simply fails.

"mount" hotplug.d events at boot time are generated by:
1) /etc/hotplug.d/block/10-mount calling /sbin/block hotplug
2) /sbin/block hotplug calling /sbin/hotplug-call mount

So it's not a matter of init.d order and adjusting START in
/etc/init.d/blockd (block devices appear EARLY).

Any idea how to solve this problem? Should we maybe postpone "mount"
events? E.g. until "blockd" start? Or should hotplug.d script somehow
wait until "blockd" starts?

--
Rafał