[OpenWrt-Devel] ubus and/or libubox upgrades today cause problems: some services do not start, logread hangs

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Dec 26 17:59:36 EST 2019

Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at welho.com> [2019-12-26 22:37:31]:

Hi,

> I noticed today problems with new master builds, both with ipq806x/R7800 and
> ar71xx/WNDR3700:
>
> * Some services do not start and their processes are not visible in the
> process list. Examples: collectd and nlbwmon
> * logread command always hangs. Both from SSH console and luci

sorry for the breakage.

> I reverted both ubus and libubox changes and the services start again
> (nlbwmon, collectd), and also logread works ;-)

I've just looked at the logread issue and I've tracked it down to the following
commit[1]:

 commit 5d7ca8309d0a1614d829df9ecd72553bcd6b5ec6
 Author:     Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz>

    ubusd/libubus-io: fix variable sized struct position warning

    Fixes following clang-9 compiler warnings:

     ubusd.c:99:18: error: field 'h' with variable sized type 'struct cmsghdr' not at the end of a struct or class is a GNU extension [-Werror,-Wgnu-variable-sized-type-not-at-end]
                    struct cmsghdr h;
                                   ^

I'll try to fix that tomorrow.

1. https://git.openwrt.org/5d7ca8309d0a1614d829df9ecd72553bcd6b5ec6