[OpenWrt-Devel] Cannot compile cryptodev-linux using x86-64 SDK

Jeffery To jeffery.to at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:51:27 EDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 2:25 AM Jeffery To <jeffery.to at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the subject of this email says, I get an error when trying to compile
> cryptodev-linux using the x86-64 SDK. (Though a different error than the
> one I found with the armvirt-64 SDK.)
>
> This error has been happening for a while, at least a month. (I haven't
> had time to follow up until now.) I suspect this is also related to the
> switch to the 4.19 kernel, though I have no direct evidence.
>
> The error message (included below) doesn't seem too helpful. Any help in
> fixing this would be appreciated.

This is still happening with the latest snapshot SDK. I'm not asking for
someone to fix this for me, but I'm not familiar enough with Kbuild to know
what is missing for the SDK target.

(Honestly, I work around this issue by using the SDK of another arch for my
package testing, but I would like to get this fixed anyway.)

Any pointers or other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff