[OpenWrt-Devel] ath10k-ct 4.19 and IBSS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Aug 9 08:48:53 EDT 2019

On 8/6/19 2:26 AM, Koen Vandeputte wrote:

>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> I finally managed to get to some time to properly take a look using a simple setup.
>>>
>>> Attached all required files to simulate the issue.
>>>
>>> I compiled the latest OpenWrt master state, (included a full wpa_supplicant and iperf tools) and ran the 2 starts.
>>>
>>> Attached also logs as seen from both boards simultaneously.
>>>

>>> basically:
>>>
>>> - If the boards finally do link after lots of tries, it will have a >200ms latency and max speed of about 3Mbit.
>>>
>>> - The wpa_sup config file is the most basic RSN enabled config.
>>>
>>> - I also tried the current Master state with/without all custom pathes, but the result is the same.
>>>
>>> - wpa_supp also nags about some missing IE's
>>>

>>> Hw used:
>>>
>>> - 2x RB-922UAGS containing a on-board ar988x, capable of 30dBm.
>>>
>>> - 2x standard 5GHz omni antennae
>>>
>>> - board seperation distance ca 6ft

Can you reproduce without encryption enabled?  That makes it easier to debug
packet sniffs.

If you just run ping traffic (or very slow speed tcp/udp), do you still see the issues (like high
latency, packet loss, poor on-air encoding rates, etc)?

If I build you a debugging firmware, are you able and willing to reproduce the problem and
send me dmesg output as well as on-air packet sniff?

Preferably, with generated traffic with unique packet sizes (ie, ever increasing, random, or something like
that, so I can more easily match up on-air frames with the debugging output.

I believe that the beacon issues are probably a symptom of some other failure in the transmit and/or
receive path.

Thanks,
Ben

--