[OpenWrt-Devel] Why ath79 has been made source-only on 19.07?

Vincent Wiemann vincent.wiemann at ironai.com
Fri Aug 2 14:33:32 EDT 2019

I remember it was decided that:
1. 19.07 will be the last release where image generation is turned on for ar71xx (oldstable-style).
2. Because of that nor more pull-requests for ar71xx were accepted but fixes.
3. 19.07 will be the last release where image generation is turned on for tiny devices
   and 32 MB RAM devices.
4. Pull-requests for Tiny ath79 devices will still be accepted if they're clean.
5. There will be no kernel updates for ar71xx (which was later withdrawn), because
   the next release should contain ath79 and people should be emphasized to port them to ath79

So now you have emphasized people to port devices to ath79 and you've even stopped them from
working on ar71xx more than once and now you want to release the next stable version only with something
that nobody was allowed to do maintenance on/which is basically 18.06 with a slightly newer kernel?
This does not make sense. For most people it was clear, that 19.07 will have images for ar71xx and ath79.

Regards,

Vincent Wiemann