[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.01 plans

Jérôme Benoit jbenoit100 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 04:53:10 EDT 2018

Le 28/09/2018 à 18:55, Rosen Penev a écrit :

> So in kernel 4.17 I believe landed flow offloading support. This accomplishes something similar to SFE while being a proper upstream solution. This is already implemented in OpenWrt.

flow offloading for NAT is different from SFE :

In the first case, you offload the NATing algorithm work to the hardware
that support it, which narrow a lot the supported targets.
In the second case, you optimize the NATing algorithm Linux kernel
implementation for all targets, it's a software and generic optimization.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
Piment Noir - https://piment-noir.org