[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.01 plans

Marko Ratkaj marko.ratkaj at sartura.hr
Fri Sep 28 09:54:34 EDT 2018

Hi all,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Jerome BENOIT <jbenoit100 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > They may not be able to push lots of bandwidth, but if you have
> > <~100Mbps internet they don't need to. If you have >~200Mbps internet
> > for example with DOCSIS3.1 provider, then you probably need a newer
> > dual-core device to take advantage of it.
>
> Is there any work in OpenWRT targeted at integrating Linux forwarding
> fastpath in the official build ?
> There are out-of-tree patches and builds floating around and nowadays 1
> GB/s fiber internet access is very common is developed countries, and
> the router is then becoming the bottleneck in many case.

With my colleagues I have already started this effort and plan to
share patches to OpenWrt as soon as the work is ready. The plan is to
present this on OpenWrt summit in our talk "State of fast path
networking in Linux" as well [1]. Part of this activity is my pull
request for 4.19 inclusion [2]. If there are other activities around
this space please reach out to speed up the process.

Thanks,
Marko Ratkaj

[1] https://openwrtsummit.wordpress.com/schedule-2018/
[2] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1386