[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC 0/9] Using the mainline mtk-eth-soc driver for MT7621

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Oct 15 16:28:19 EDT 2018

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:
>> John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> writes:
>>
>>> have you seen my staging tree ?
>>> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/blogic.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mt7621_dsa
>>
>> No, I hadn't.  Thanks for the pointer.  Will look at it now
>

> I've now tried to build this with the WAP6805, but I'm afraid I can't
> get the second gmac to work.  Probably something I did wrong with the
> DTS...  DSA and eth0 seems to work fine.
>
> This is your mt7621_dsa branc with my attempt to use it on the WAP6805
> on top: https://github.com/bmork/LEDE/tree/blogic-mt7621-mainline-eth

FWIW, I experimented a bit by removing code I didn't understand. There
was some hardcoded initialisation in mtk_hw_init() which didn't look
very reassuring.  And what do you know?  Removing it made the second
gmac work in my device.

I've added the removal patch to the branch on github.  And it's attached
here as well.

Comments appreciated.

Bjørn