[OpenWrt-Devel] brcm2708: add kernel 4.14 support

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:26:44 EST 2018

Hey,

The lan78xx stuff you removed seems to cause some endless prints like this:
** 10 printk messages dropped ** [ timestamp ] lan78xx 1-1.1.1:1.0
eth0: kevent 4 may have been dropped

This happens shortly after booting up.

I tested on a RPi 3 Model B+.
The kernel is 32bit .

[Related to RPi] The RPi kernel seems a bit hard to maintain in the
OpenWrt tree, because if you pull patches from the RPi github tree
(branch rpi-4.14.y) you need to periodically check & update them.
I tried to keep a 4.14 of OpenWrt in my own tree, and it's a pain to
maintain [just for my personal need].
Every couple of 4.14.xxx bumps, some of the patches don't apply
anymore, because some of them are too big [thrown in], and conflict
with upstream stuff.
So, if going forward with OpenWrt + RPi [which I would love to see],
this will be a somewhat hefty work-load.

Thanks
Alex