[OpenWrt-Devel] Openwrt Query

Preeti Sethi ps585 at snu.edu.in
Wed May 30 13:32:42 EDT 2018

Sir,

I am a B.Tech student currently doing research on co-existence of WiFi and
LTE as an intern at IIT Hyderabad.
I have installed Openwrt in *Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H* which is used as an
access point for this project. As an intermediate step, I need to
fetch the *queue
status *of WiFi which will help me converge them accordingly.
I found that the *xmit.c* file in the directory '
openwrt/build_dir/toolchain-mips_24kc_gcc-7.3.0_musl/
linux/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k' gives the data about these queues.
So accordingly, I ran the command cat /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/
phy0/ath9k/xmit which gave me data about the four queues(VO,VI,BE,BK). I
want to use this output to get the current queue status.

Now to make any change in this file, the only way I could figure out is to
find the corresponding patch file and edit it which is followed by a
rebuild.
And since I am using *Atheros AR7161 *driver,  the modified ath.ko has to
be copied after which I'll reboot the access point as per my knowledge.

This whole process in itself is really tedious and doesn't seem feasible to
extract the working logic of this file. So I request you to guide me on the
same. Kindly tell me if there is an alternative approach to modify and
build files in openwrt or if at all, there is an alternative way to know
the queue status of my access point.

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Sethi