[OpenWrt-Devel] [hostapd] AP+STA mode support in Upstream Hostapd

Sathishkumar Muruganandam murugana at codeaurora.org
Wed May 30 05:49:52 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-30 11:44, John Crispin wrote:
> On 30/05/18 07:41, murugana at codeaurora.org wrote:
>> Hi OpenWRT team,
>>
>> This is Sathishkumar working for ath10k WLAN driver and came across
>> below
>> OpenWRT hostapd/wpa_s patches which are added for supporting AP+STA
>> mode in
>> OpenWRT supported platforms.

>> apd/patches/340-reload_freq_change.patch
>> apd/patches/360-ctrl_iface_reload.patch
>> apd/patches/370-ap_sta_support.patch
>>
>> Since these patches are not present in upstream hostapd, we see that
>> during
>> channel switch of root AP,  STA VAP of AP+STA mode device goes down
>> since AP
>> VAP is still UP.
>>
>> Above patches uses hostapd ctrl_iface to send STOP_AP and UPDATE
>> commands
>> from wpa_s for seamless channel change of AP VAP whenever there is
>> channel
>> switch on root AP side.
>>
>> We couldn’t find the commit message and author for these patches to
>> check if
>> these patches can be upstreamed. Do you have any plan for upstreaming
>> these
>> patches needed for AP+STA mode support ?
>>
>> Some patches have SVN reference which we are not sure how to check for
>> knowing commit message and author. Can you please help here ?
>>
>> Our intention is to try upstreaming these patches either by checking
>> with
>> the author/s of patches or do ourselves if we at least know the commit
>> message and author details.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sathishkumar
>
> Hi,
>
> the original commit was
>
> commit 35cdc5d722883cac8b524ea803ee7eedca844087
> Author: Felix Fietkau <nbd at openwrt.org>
> Date:   Sat Oct 23 23:39:54 2010 +0000
>
>     hostapd/mac80211: implement support for AP+STA
>
>     SVN-Revision: 23602
>
> for future reference, you can use one of gits less known features to
> track these down ...
> git log --follow
> package/network/services/hostapd/patches/340-reload_freq_change.patch
>
>     John

Thanks for your reply, John !

We want to go beyond and find more details about the commit message of
each patch. Is there any way to access "SVN-Revision: 23602" info ?

Also whether these patches were already sent for upstream review ? We
were planning to upstream these patches to hostapd.

Any thoughts ?

--
Thanks,
Sathishkumar