[OpenWrt-Devel] LEDE 17.01.5 release planning

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue May 29 16:58:48 EDT 2018

On 05/24/2018 09:06 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> We would like to create a lede 17.01.5 release soon, the last release,
> lede 17.01.4, was done on 18. October 2017 which was a long time ago.
> We are planning to do the build by end of next week, around 2. June 2018.
>
> This release would be build form the lede-17.01 stable branch and
> contain all the fixes which are in this branch.
> For me this branch looks quite good, if there are any patches missing in
> the lede-17.01 branch which you think should be backported from the
> current master branch then please highlight this now, so we can have a
> look at this.
>
> I will update the kernel used in lede-17.01 to the latest version from
> the stable 4.4 kernel line sometime beginning next week.
>
> Please also report any regression which is in the current lede-17.01
> branch compared to the lede 17.01.4 release.
>
> Please do not hesitate to re report some request that something should
> be backported from master or some regression compared to lede-17.01, if
> it looks like they got ignored and didn't got a response.
>
> All the developers can cherry picking some commits from master by them
> self. ;-)
>
> The versions of the packages can be found here:
> https://sdwalker.github.io/uscan/index-17.01.html
>
> The current snapshot build from the lede-17.01 branch can be found here:
> https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01-SNAPSHOT/

I went through the commits done to master and found these two which look
like they should be backports:

brcm47xx: add switch port mapping to Asus WL-500W
https://git.openwrt.org/7ac238fc9855d20f0cfbc5754a1f9591438abfe3

mvebu: Add support for WRT3200ACM with new NAND flash
https://git.openwrt.org/4b486e32fb34567fe8b04aea552225db699813e1

In addition I would like to change most of the URLs in lede-17.01.5 from
lede-project.org to openwrt.org.

If lede 17.01 also has the performance problems with ustream-ssl, I
would also activate the TLS session cache for the 17.01.5 release and
probably update mbedtsl to version 2.7.3

Hauke