[OpenWrt-Devel] RT5350F WiFi interface performance issue

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:30:02 EDT 2018

Dear All,

  I'm testing the current OpenWrt  (master/HEAD) on RT5350F Olinuxino.
Unfortunately the WiFi interface doesn't seem to work properly in client
mode. `iwinfo wlan0 scan` runs successfully and shows my AP, but when i
configure the interface as client and try to connect, the authentication
seems to be successful (according to dmesg), but the wlan0 interface
never gets IP address, even if i explicitly call udhcpc. If i set a
static IP address for wlan0, and ping my AP, i have around 88% packet
loss. There is no any relevant message in dmesg which could give a hint
about the reason.

As a counter-check, i flashed the an old OpenWrt image from the HW
vendor with kernel 3.18, and with that one the WiFi interface works
properly.
Does anyone else experience similar issues (either on this or any other
RT5350F board)? Do you have any advice what to look into to sort this out?

Thanks,

--
Zoltan Gyarmati
https://zgyarmati.de